4.09.2009

A Thousand Times Sparticus

Verse 1:
Your linen sheets are stiff and clean
and silence fills the cancer wing.
The chemo's left your frail and weak,
but don't give up tonight.

The IV drips as music plays,
and there aren't any words to say,
but we will speak another day.
Just don't give up tonight

Verse 2:
The woman in the other bed
falls asleep goodnight unsaid,
but we will stay awake instead
and not give up tonight.

The nurses bring your medicine
as prescribed by your LPN.
Though we don't know how this will end,
we won't give up tonight.

Transition:
Your hospital gown isn't
quite the same as your Sunday dress,
but I swear you have never
looked more beautiful than now.

Chorus 1:
I would bear that pain a thousand times
I would bear that pain a thousand times
I would bear that pain a thousand times
To save you now.

Chorus 2:
If the roman soldiers called your name,
I would gladly give myself to them
to fill your stead and take the pain
to save you now.
I would bear that pain a thousand times
to save you one time crucified.
I would offer myself life for life
to save you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment